Person.Person, Person.Password, and Person.EMailAddress table

Jan 30, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Hi,

First off, this is a great project.  Great job on the documentation (even though it is in French, I can decipher some of it - languages are not my forte, but after living in Germany for 3 years, I can pick up a fair amount) and the project.  This is the kind of project Microsoft should be putting out to highlight/explain their technologies.  Usually all you see are simple one form rinky-dink examples.  The problem I am having with running it is where do I get the particular tables to run the application.  I downloaded again, AdventureWorks2008 and the important Person schema tables are not there and if there was a script to create them, I would do that, but I am not sure what all is in them. 

Anyway, great job and where can I get the complete AdventureWorks2008 DB with ALL necessary tables, or where can I get the scripts to create the missing tables or preferably, the scripts for the entire DB?

CyclingFoodmanPA
P.S. I am looking forward to the Tour de France this year.  Do you guys live anywhere near the route?

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback :)
You've pointed out the exact goal of this project : filling the lack of sample matching the needs of a company. Well, at least, it delivers our vision of a good architecture. 

Anyway, about your problem, have you checked the folder "_Install" within the solution ? It contains this link :

http://msftdbprodsamples.codeplex.com/releases/view/37109

It should provide you the AdventureWorks tables and data you need.

Regards,

Cyril

P.S.: Hehe, sure. We're in Paris, last step of the Tour :)

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Hi Cyril,

A major ahhh duhh on my part. Yes, I just downloaded the AdventureWorks database referenced in your install folder and your link below and it had all the necessary tables. Not sure why my previous version of AdventureWorks2008 did not have all the necessary tables as I didn’t think that there were that many versions/interations out there.

Anyway, great job on that project. Now all I have to do is figure out what you did J. This is the kind of project Microsoft should be putting out when they deploy new technologies along with a document like your documentation and possibly a step-by-step quickstart for a couple of the modules and then the developer can figure out where to go from there. Of course, you know that as soon as you get an example using Prism 4, Microsoft will release Prism 4.5 or Prism 5? J. It seems I am always playing catch up.

Anyway, take care and have a great day.

Keith S. Safford

http://www.CyclingFoodmanPA.com – Cycling to fight cancer, one mile at a time! Cycling to support our troops, one mile at a time!

Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 9:14 AM
To: ks.safford@verizon.net
Subject: Re: Person.Person, Person.Password, and Person.EMailAddress table [happynet:243903]

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback :)
You've pointed out the exact goal of this project : filling the lack of sample matching the needs of a company. Well, at least, it delivers our vision of a good architecture.

Anyway, about your problem, have you checked the folder "_Install" within the solution ? It contains this link :

http://msftdbprodsamples.codeplex.com/releases/view/37109

It should provide you the AdventureWorks tables and data you need.

Regards,

Cyril

P.S.: Hehe, sure. We're in Paris, last step of the Tour :)

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Don't forget you've got a reference implementation delivered in the Prism package.
Their documentation is also precious and answers many questions.

This project comes as a complement, with full architecture and best practices not necessarily shown in the "official" package.
Anyway, I'm very glad it helps :)

Have a nice day !

Cyril