What is the purpose of KonamiCodeControl

Jul 31, 2011 at 9:41 PM

I am trying to understand the solution, and I am not sure I understand what is the 

KonamiCodeControl is use for 

Can anyone explain it please?
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Hehe, there's no purpose actually. It's just a joke between developpers.

You can get an explanation right there : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code.
It's all about the cheat code you had to enter in old Konami games (up up down down left right left right B A). 

That's it :)

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Now, I understand what is Konami Code, I used it many times in the past :)

So we can remove the code from the application and thing will run the same? 

What happens if I enter "up up down down left right left right B A" in the application?

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Hehe, you should try by yourself : http://silverlight.soat.fr/HappyNet :)

Yeah sure, you can remove it. It was just for fun, and so developers can benefit the Konami control.

Aug 2, 2011 at 5:57 PM
It is an outstanding solution and I am learning a lot.
I have a quick question how would you establish the architecture of the solution if you were using WCF RIA Services instead of straight WCF service?
Have you used WCF RIA Services before in your solutions and if you have I wonder if you can provide a Skelton application structure to help me out.
I am struggling with how to architect the Prism, MVVM, SL, and WCF RIA Services, everything is fine, I just have not figured out how or where to put the WCF RIA Services.
Any direction or guidance or links (hopefully in English) will be greatly appreciated.
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 11:51 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: What is the purpose of KonamiCodeControl [happynet:267225]

Hehe, you should try by yourself : http://silverlight.soat.fr/HappyNet :)

Yeah sure, you can remove it. It was just for fun, and so developers can benefit the Konami control.

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I'm glad to hear that :)

Well, I'm not a WCF RIA Services fan, I prefer the old straight WCF Service, with no black box.
Anyway, for what I know, including some WCF RIA Services should not make a big difference in the architecture. You'd just have to replace all *Service occurrences by the service proxy automatically generated.

Be careful, HappyNet is one architecture solution. It's a real app example with some nice architecture. Don't forget that a good architecture is an architecture fitting your needs in your specific case :)

Aug 4, 2011 at 4:01 AM
Fully agree, there is no one solution that fits all “Golden Hammer”....
Can you try to explain to me the process of authorization and login in your application?
How you determine which module to add, I know you add them via that AddMenuButtonEvent, but how is that determined which to load please?
Thank you for your time and your great architecture...
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 4:59 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: What is the purpose of KonamiCodeControl [happynet:267225]

I'm glad to hear that :)

Well, I'm not a WCF RIA Services fan, I prefer the old straight WCF Service, with no black box.
Anyway, for what I know, including some WCF RIA Services should not make a big difference in the architecture. You'd just have to replace all *Service occurrences by the service proxy automatically generated.

Be careful, HappyNet is one architecture solution. It's a real app example with some nice architecture. Don't forget that a good architecture is an architecture fitting your needs in your specific case :)